Cloud Hosting is often one of those jargon words bandied about in cyberspace. But what is cloud hosting and why does it matter to your small business? Find out about the basics of cloud hosting services and why it’s right for your company.
One of the challenges of doing business in today’s fast-paced world is the temptation to stick with doing things the way they’ve always been done before. In years past, you called in an IT company, they installed a server in your office and set up your company website to be hosted in-house. However, today we have more options, and the cloud is a smart choice for the savvy small business owner.
7 Benefits of Cloud Hosting to Small Businesses
- Fewer headaches. With cloud hosting, you no longer have to maintain your server and networking. All of your website data is stored online, in the cloud, and a separate company handles the headaches of making sure your website is up and operational.
- More up-time. If you lose power at you business location, your website remains functional when you take advantage of the cloud. There’s no rush to restore power and reboot your servers to get your online business operational again.
- Better quality. For many small business owners, cloud hosting provides a wealth of services that eliminates the need for an in-house IT team. Your cloud hosting service provider will often have expertise in cleaning up after hackers, securing your website, and making your site run at optimal levels.
- Fiscal fortitude. Cloud hosting also offers easy payment options. You don’t have to fork over cash for expensive equipment to get your business website up and running. Simply subscribe to a plan, set up your account, and upload your website content and code. You can pay by the month or by the year, and if you need to cancel a website, you’re not locked into an expensive contract or loan. Cloud hosting makes it easy to try out several domain names, website styles, or content options and stick with the one that performs the best for your small business without the risk of losing the potential return on your investment.
- Better service. Online hosting companies are plentiful, but it pays to go with a quality cloud hosting service. These services often offer supplemental perks like 24/7 technical support, assist with website migration, instructional videos, automatic domain name registration, and flexible billing options.
- User-friendly. Most cloud companies utilize a user-friendly interface that assists account holders in managing their hosting and website services more efficiently. Need to install WordPress or Joomla? A cloud hosting company can make the process easier than sorting through the process on your server.
- Mistake-proof. One of my favorite reasons for using a cloud hosting service is they make your website nearly mistake-proof. Accidentally deleted an essential line of code? Hit the delete button on the wrong website file? Your cloud hosting company can often restore a backup of your information from their servers if you call right away and explain your problem. Now that’s peace of mind for the savvy Twenty-First Century small business owner.
GroupOne can host and manage your cloud technology for a flat monthly rate. Contact them today to get your business started in the cloud.